Friday, April 14, 2006

Paying in STINKS

So I've discovered that my new, least-favorite thing in the world is tax-time. We always used to get money back from good old Uncle Sam. Now, I've been dissed by him, and no longer feel like calling him "uncle." He's more like the brother's, wife's, x-boyfriend's illegitimate dog. Okay, it's really late at night, so I don't think that made any sense. Anyway! As I write this, Nathan is at home finishing our taxes. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we did indeed wait till the last minute to do our taxes this year. And pour quoi? (Amy, my French is rusty, did I spell that right?) Because, this is the first year we've EVER had to send a check to Uncle Sam, due to various freelancing projects in our household this year. Oh well, I know I should just suck it up and deal with it. And besides, we're deducting just about everything in our quest to bring that "amount owed" number further and further down. Question: if your baby poops on you while you're conducting a business transaction ... can you deduct the price of a new pair of pants? Or the price of diapers? Heh heh ... I wish! It's great fun discovering what you can deduct!! If any of you have any unusual deductions that you've heard of .... feel free to send them my way. We've got until Monday night baby, and we're using every minute of it!!

2 comments:

Nhia said...

I take it you've already considered that you pay your baby-sitters? That helped us a little bit... Mileage? ... Donations to Katrina victims (count the various people you've personally victimized!) ... :)

C Staude said...

Welcome to middle class America.... sigh!