Friday, December 22, 2006

Fun in a box



My sister, Gretchen, sent two huge boxes to our house last week, creating quite a stir amongst my boys. Little did I know that it was mostly for the boxes themselves, that the boys were so excited! Oh, Gabe certainly got quite a thrill finding each and every present, reading the tags (he's especially worked up about a package addressed to him, from "Batman") :) and tucking them under the tree. But after this was done, he noticed that Asher had crawled INTO a box and was sitting amongst the packing peanuts, throwing them around, shrieking, and in general ... having a ball. Then my (almost) 5-year-old quickly reverted back to the small boy he was, and decided that he too, wanted in on the box action! Within minutes, they were both in a box, having "peanut" wars. I kept thinking, as I was watching them, of one of my FAVORITE books as a kid, by Eve Sutton, "My cat likes to hide in boxes." Well, I guess "My boys like to hide in boxes" as well! I have video footage that I'll be posting shortly! :)

1 comment:

DawnK said...

I loved playing in boxes, as a kid, especially BIG appliance boxes!