Sunday, March 25, 2007

Heather's baby girl!




My friend Heather and I have been pals since we were in 5th grade, when she moved to my town in St. Charles, Missouri. Amazingly, nearly 20 years later, we now both live in Wisconsin, within an hour's drive of each other. I couldn't be more pleased that life turned out this way! This weekend, Heather had her first baby -- an adorable little girl named Olivia Claire. (I haven't gotten the official birth announcement yet, so I hope I'm spelling the name right!) Today, me and the boys trooped down to Milwaukee to see the happy new family. Heather is doing so well, and so is her hubby Carl. And Olivia is just a darling little girl, with lots of dark hair and cute toes! I'm so happy for them! I'm also feeling old, remembering years gone by, when we would sit around chatting about our futures ... who we would marry and when, and how many kids we would have. What wonderful lives we've both ended up living!! And the best part is - we're still such great friends!

1 comment:

C Staude said...

Awwwww..... what a cute baby... and what a pretty name!!! Send me Heather's address so I can send a card...okay?