Thursday, April 02, 2009

Hoops Man

Yesterday was a right of passage for my boys. We bought them a basketball hoop. Nathan took the boys to WalMart last night so they could pick it out together. When they got back, I thought Gabriel was gonna combust, that kid was SOOOO excited.
By the time they got it put together, it was pretty dark and kinda chilly, but they still played for a bit before bed. Today I picked up Gabriel from school and the boy was practically bouncing off the inside of the car, he was soooo excited to get home and play basketball.
We put it on a shorter setting, to make it easier for him ... but he's been making almost all of his baskets, so we might move it higher already! Such fun!


The boys anxiously watch daddy begin to assemble the hoop.


Gabe practices his jump shot while daddy works. Every other minute or so, he would ask "Is it almost ready?"


Asher with the ball.


Our little Hoops Man with the ball. Check out that grin!


A fully assembled hoop! Gabe practices after school today...I'm not sure what the two fingers means ... peace?


More peace from Gabe, as my boys have fun outside. We set up the little plastic play hoop for Asher outside today, because, as he sadly stated it "I can't reach the big one! I'm too small!" So now they can play side-by-side.

4 comments:

DawnK said...

Here's to many hours of basketball fun and practice. I know the boys we lived next door to, in Marshfield, WI, played with their basketballs often, when it was nice out.

Cassie said...

What fun! I hope Spring-like weather comes quickly for you so your little men can be outside!

C Staude said...

Go hoop-it-up buddies!
Maybe the fingers are a "V" for victory?!
Can't wait to shoot some hoops with my guys!

marzi said...

very cute! i suppose that will be me in a few years, huh?