Saturday, April 02, 2011

Belated Birthday Photos

I had a fantastic 32nd birthday at the end of February (this post is VERY belated). To celebrate, we went to IKEA and spent a lot of money on stuff for the house ... mirros and light fixtures, rugs and curtains ... things that just make the place look cozier. Nate got me a sheepskin rug to put by the bed. I named him Ollie (since he must be Swedish, coming from IKEA). It's DIVINE to sink my feet into my fluffy new rug every morning. It makes getting out of bed during the cold Michigan winters SO much easier.
My sister was able to make the trip up on my actual birthday, and we had a great time. For dinner, I had pan-seared sea scallops, made by my honey. He also made a mushroom risotto that was out of this world!
Then my sister made me my first birthday cake in YEARS! It was red velvet and was SOOOO yummy! What a fantastic day!



The weekend before my birthday, we drove to Chicago to go to IKEA, my new favorite store. Here we are! The kids somehow don't look as excited as I do, do they? :)


New curtains, and a new light fixture for my bedroom, were just some of the things we purchased.


Birthday cake! My first one in years! It looks like it's gonna go up in flames!








My lovely sister and me!

1 comment:

DawnK said...

Looks like a fun birthday! I'm going to have to try risotto soon! I bought the fancy-pants rice. I just need some time. No one else is going to make it for me! LOL! DH is good at making brats on the grill, but I don't see him making risotto! I've never been to an IKEA store.