Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Journaling thoughts ... April

Had a rough day yesterday, when my head got into “what if...” mode. This cloudy, chilly weather isn’t helping. Then, for like five minutes, the sun broke out from behind the oppressive cloud banks. I noticed it first as a striking glaze of brightness across the chest at the foot of my bed. And I marveled at how much better it made me feel. Now, I’m making an effort to daily find that narrow path of light. Something to be grateful for. Something to put my head in the right place. I found it today in time spent in scripture. (Ecclesiastes: my favorite book ... And Wow! What a read, in the current situation!) Today, I’m grateful for the myriad of tiny, shimmering, intrinsic blessings that my simple, quiet life is built upon.


No comments: