Thursday, June 15, 2006

All that Yucky Love stuff...




So I had a much-needed chat with one of my gal-pal coworkers yesterday, all about the merits of what we leave behind when we go off to work everyday. Lately, I've been having a tough time with this, as I'm sure, do many women across America who decide to take it upon themselves to be a wife, mother AND full-time worker. We can do it all, gosh darn it! Or at least, it certainly feels that way. But for me, lately, the stress of what I'm leaving behind everyday, has started to grind me down. Luckily, I get to be with my sons all day long. Buy my husband is a different story, and we've been "two ships passing in the night" so to speak, for quite awhile now. I work nights, and he works days. We see eachother for about 30 minutes at the "changing of the guard" when he comes home from work to take care of the boys and I dash madly to the car with my briefcase in one hand and my coffee in the other. "Hi honey! Bye honey! See ya tomorrow!" For us, that is sadly, quite often the case, as he is soundly asleep when I get home, and the day is over with us having spent all of 20 minutes or so together. To put it mildly, it stinks. We both think so, but there's not much that can be done about it at this point.
These are some of my favorite pictures of us. The black and white photo was taken one evening last summer, when we were camping at the base of Devil's Tower in Wyoming. The sunset photo was taken while we were still dating, on a trip to Door County/Cana Island in winter. We had just broken through the foliage of the island and this spectacular sight was what met our eyes. Nate rolled up a snowball, put his camera on top of it and ... walllah! One of our first, most romantic spots of memory was ours on film forever!
So to all the women in my life, friends and family alike, go home and kiss your husbands when you see them. Because not everyone is so lucky to spend time together everyday, and you never know when hectic, crazy schedules may change on a dime! Appreciate one another, as well as the simple joys in life, like sharing dinner around the table at night. Those are the things that some of us miss mightily!

2 comments:

marzi said...

sniffle, sniffle.....
man, i feel really guilty now.
off to kiss the hubby.

Katrina said...

:) Way to go Marzi!! Don't feel guilty ... feel BLESSED!! :)