Saturday, June 24, 2006

Over the rainbow



We had a gorgeous rainbow tonight. I called from work to tell my boys to look out the window, and Nathan said Gabriel was so excited and happy to see it. He gave a little gasp of surprise and said "Ooohh! A rainbow!" Very sweet. I wonder if we all secretely think these words when we see rainbows -- the little kid in all of us marveling at the sky. For me, it was a nice reminder of the "finer" things in life. And I had a nice little moment while looking out the window -- remembering a specific time in my childhood when a friend and I went looking for the end of a rainbow, to find the promised pot of gold. We never did find it of course, but it must've been a fun adventure anyhow, for me to have remembered it so many years later. It just goes to show that the journey is often just as important as the destination!

2 comments:

marzi said...

you know i walked by the window last night and thought to myself....."it looks like rainbow weather!" i was too lazy to go outside and look though, so i totally missed it. serves me right, i guess!

Nhia said...

We saw the rainbow, too. I tried showing Ella, but I don't think she quite got it! As I was looking at it, I scanned the scene to see if I could find the end of the rainbow -- was it worth searching for that pot of gold?!?