Thursday, July 13, 2006

Farm boy







I took Gabriel and Asher to the Farm Tech Days festival here in Sheboygan. It's this big deal that always happens somewhere in Wisconsin every summer, and this year, it was in our town. Basically, there are a gazillion tractors, combines, etc. that you can look at or, if you're age 4, climb up and sit on, as long as you're super careful and "don't touch ANYTHING!!!" (That was my line all day today). Gabe had such a blast! (Asher slept through most of it while in a carrier on my back). Gabe said his favorite part of the day was riding the toy tractors (as you can see in the photos) and fishing in the kid's tent. (also in the photo) He also liked the ice cream, but was leary of the petting zoo. (Check out the photo of the goat who REALLY wanted to say hello!) And after three hours, I could barely pull him away from the monster tractors. He kept saying, "Just one more mama!" I heard that about five times! How sweet! (I especially like the photo of him standing under the ginormous tractor! These things were HUGE! Some of them had cabs that were roomier than my first apartment!) Anyway, we had a fun afternoon! And it was very affordable! What was my grand total for an afternoon of fun with my boys? Inclduing admission, parking AND ice cream ... $7. A steal, no matter how you look at it!

2 comments:

C Staude said...

Wow! Tell Gabe we're going to have to get Papa to buy a bigger tractor! Cool! What a fun day!

Nhia said...

Katrina, he's so cute! And he certainly doesn't look like a 4-year-old -- he's much too big!