Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Future musician




So yesterday I was cleaning my room, and came across my flute (which, incidentally, I had been searching for, for quite some time). I quickly picked it up and rattled off a few scales, and Asher just sat there frozen on the bed, in mid chew, (holding a teething ring). His eyes got HUGE as he stared at my mouth, wondering where in the world these sounds were coming from. It was adorable! Afterwards, I let him have a look at the "magical" instrument. He had great fun holding it. Surprisingly, he didn't try to chew on it at all! (My new nickname for the munchkin is "Mr. Chew." If you've seen the Pengiun's Xmas Caper movie on the DVD of Madagasgar, you know that the rabid dog owned by the old lady in that cartoon is "Mr. Chew." Well, since Asher drools and chews on everything within arms reach, I figured the name was appropriate.)
In other news, he's getting quite close to crawling. There have been a couple times in the past few days where I thought he would go for it. He gets up on his knees and arms and rocks back and forth, gazing longingly at a toy that is just out of his reach. One of these days soon, he'll figure out that he can move, and that will be the end of my quiet, peacefull life as I know it!

1 comment:

C Staude said...

A musical prodigy in the works... I can see it!