Wednesday, August 23, 2006

'Real food' experience



I tried to give Asher some "real" food the other day: chopped up macaroni noodles and cherry tomatoes. His reaction was ... apathy. He didn't seem to realize that it was food in front of him. If I fed it to him, he was okay. But he wouldn't go after it on his own ... until the end of the meal when he picked up his plate and turned it upside down -- tossing it on the floor as if to say, "That's enough of THAT nonsense!" What a funny guy! I guess he'll be getting oatmeal and gerber food for awhile yet.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure that he will eventually figure out that Mac and cheese is the greatest food ever invented. I know our dogs are really looking forward to the time when Jack starts eating real food!

C Staude said...

What a face you captured in this shot! I can hear a little growly voice saying, "You gotta be kidding... ME do the work? Not happenin'!"

amy7252 said...

Oh my gosh, Joe's dogs will go INSANE when Jack starts eating real food. The weiner dog will actually turn into a stuffed sausage dog!

Asher, man, you're missin' out. Try chocolate next time. ;)

Katrina said...

Yes, he actually has discovered mac'n cheese already, and he LOVES it! He slurps it down, one noodle at a time. (Talk about patience!!) However, I think it is the idea of feeding himself that is making him hesitate. The little bug is much too used to having everything done for him.