Friday, January 18, 2008

A little bit nuts

I like the Packers. A lot. I hope they win the Super Bowl ... I hope they go all the way. In fact, I would venture to say that I've never been so supportive of a football team, ever. Even the Rams, when I lived in St. Louis. It's easy to get caught up in the fan hype here in the frozen tundra of Wisconsin, because it's very simply ... what people DO here.
But dear Lord in heaven, I hope the media hype stops soon.
WOW.
You wouldn't believe the stories that are pouring out over the media wires lately! Not to mention the fact that everyday, our own front page is devoted to Packer-mania. EVERY DAY. And we're not even in Green Bay.
But let me tell you a little bit about some of this quality journalism ... pulitzer prize winning stuff really...
Let's see, yesterday there was the father who was arrested for forcibly duct-taping his 7-year-old son into a chair for refusing to wear a Packers' jersey during last weekend's game. WOW.
And today I had to laugh at various crazy stories analyzing the turf of Lambeau field, and how it really was from Jersey, closer to the Giants home. Ummmmm....who cares! News alert! IT'S JUST GRASS!
Oh, and the best one yet ... A Green Bay television station found out that Eli Manning's favorite TV show is "Seinfeld." So, this weekend ... when Mr. Manning comes to town, the station has decided to yank the episode off the air. So the Giant's quarterback will have to suffer without Seinfeld. Oh the horrors! How on earth will he win a football game without a daily dose of Jerry, Elaine, Kramer and George!
Well, that's it. I don't think they even have to play the game. It's all decided. The Packers' will win, thanks to WLUK-TV Green Bay. Whew! I'm glad too, because otherwise things might have really gotten crazy!!

1 comment:

DawnK said...

Yeah, I'm a bit tired of "all Packers, all the time," too. Argh. Makes me not even want to watch TV or listen to Milwaukee radio.