Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Back on the Wagon

Some of you may have noticed by glancing at the rail of my blog that my workout routine has been sadly lagging.
Well, I'm back on the proverbial horse, so to speak. Yesterday was my first run in a week (YIKES!) and I only did two miles, but it's a good way to get back into it.
Reasons for my utter laziness?
Well, first of all, I found that I have hit a plateau of 12.5 pounds lost, and NOTHING else seems to be burning off. But after reading a good friend's blog recently, who also suffered this same mental setback for a week or two, I've decided to keep plugging away.
The good news is, that during my bad weeks of only one workout (each week) I still kept the weight off because I haven't really been eating junk. We don't buy junk, so even if I wanted to eat it, I couldn't. Incidentally, this is a GREAT way to avoid eating things you shouldn't. Just don't BUY them! I haven't gone down the candy/chips/soda aisle of our Piggly Wiggly in a LOOOONG time. I think of it as my personal war zone, riddled with land mines, and I hurriedly duck past it every time I'm in the store and only occasionally make quick forays into the dreaded zone once a month or so to grab a jar of popcorn kernels. (Popcorn, after all, being my-once-in-awhile, not-so-horrible treat of choice)
Anyway! I digress! Other reasons for my laziness?
Stress.
Those who know me personally, know that I'm going through a lot of stress right now. My job has been moved to Oshkosh: "Cherio, oh copy-editing gig!" and I have decided not to follow it. It sounds so funny written that way -- like it's a tangible thing -- a person or something I could chase down if I wanted to. And I guess I could, but Oshkosh is a LONG commute. So I'll be staying put and doing freelancing and the full-time mom gig as of May 2.
But there's a lining to this somewhat dull cloud. Nathan has a super cool job interview in St. Joe, Michigan this weekend. We're excited about the possibilities that may bring. So keep us in your thoughts and prayers as all the change whizzes around us at such a dizzying speed!
But to get back to where I was at the beginning of this post: These things combined together have caused me to feel somewhat less than inspired when it come to jumping on the treadmill. But hopefully, (with visions of my scary body in a summer swimsuit dancing in my head! YEE GAD!!) my inspiration has returned full force! Let's hope so!!

6 comments:

Fran Cee said...

Did I ever tell you my husband grew up in St. Joe? He went to St. Joe High and his best friend still lives there, works at Sarett nature Center! Good luck!

Katrina said...

Oh wow! What a coincidence! Yeah, my dad grew up in St. Joe and we LOVE it there! I take it you've visited the area then? Isn't it GORGEOUS?

marzi said...

wow! lots going on for you! sorry to hear that your job is being "moved". good luck to nathan on his interview.

i wish i could say that i was back on the wagon.....on second thought, i wish i had gotten on it a first time!!

let me know when your goodies arrive!

amy7252 said...

That's great news that you have a shot of moving to St. Joe. I know you guys love it there!

I had three weeks of no loss before things took off again, so hang in there. It is SO hard to stay motivated when you work your butt off, and yet every pound of said butt is still there. So, hang in there and keep on running!

+gmjameson said...

So, guess what I read on my flight home last night? According to the gossip rags, flat bellies are SOOO 2007. What's in, you say? "Postpartum chic" ... Ah, dontcha love that Hollywood now has a Mommy-brigade? And that they have now given us all permission to love our post-baby curves? I'd say that's worth a bag of popcorn! Love you ++

Anonymous said...

Wow! Michigan, huh? At least it wouldn't be Illinois! Y'all are in our prayers. God will work things out the way they are supposed to be!