Saturday, January 09, 2010

Growing up so fast!

Today was a momentous day ... by accident.
We were out and about in South Bend -- doing some shopping -- and ran across a mattress sale at a local store. Seeing as how Rhy is already five months older than Ash was when he made the big move to a twin-size bed, we decided to take the bull by the horns and go for it.
Tonight, we set up her new "Big Girl Bed" in her room. Rhy was delighted ... as you can see by the photos.
I'm excited for my girl, but still found my eyes watering as I reached in to pull her from the crib for the last time, feeling her little fingers curl around my neck.
Why do babies have to grow up so quickly?


One last time in the crib. Sniffle!!


A big smile as she tries out the new bed.


I love the look on her face here. It's as if she's thinking ... "Is this how it's done??"


Daddy does the first trial run, "tuck-in." One of the reasons I really love the new bed is that we can get down on her level to smooch her face goodnight ... or even climb into bed with her to give her a cuddle if she wants.


"Mother! Please!!" Such sass!


All snuggled in and ready to go ... complete with rag curls for the next day!


One last goodnight? No, it wasn't the last. As I blog this, she's STILL awake ... staying in bed ... but too excited to sleep in it!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh! So sweet. But Boy they grow up so fast, too fast.

C Staude said...

Oh MY! I am sniffling myself as I look at our sweetie all snuggled up in her big bed! It makes her look SO tiny to see her all bundled in! I hope she got to sleep!
Love,
Gramma

marzi said...

such a little cutie she is! we're behind on getting rowan in a big bed. we got a hand-me-down bunk bed for the boys but i want to spruce it up before setting it up. so he's patiently still sleeping in his crib until i get that done! it's always such a special transition.

DawnK said...

It is a big transition. Such pretty bedding you got for her, too. I loved being able to lay down with my daughters, or to be able to sit on the bed and read a book, too. Mine were both in a bed, by about 20-21 months. I was just so sick of changing a crib sheet and always skinning my knuckles, by that time. I was just so ready to say good-bye to the crib.

Cassie said...

These photos are so so so awesome! She is just adorable. I hope she eventually got some sleep! :)