Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Garden Time!

We planted our garden this past weekend. For me, this is always the big signal that summer is just around the corner. To get down in the dirt and dig around is pure bliss! This year, we tilled up a new section of ground, behind our garage, for our plants. I'm hoping that my veggies produce better this year than they did last summer ...


My boys monkey around in the hammock while I work.


This is the handsome garden boy that I hired for the summer ... he works for kisses. ;)
Seriously though ... I couldn't have a garden if my sweetie wasn't so kind as to till it up for me. I'm so glad we bought this rototiller a few years ago!


More boys, horsing around. They like to pretend they're pirates and the hammock is their ship.





A blurry shot, but you can see that even Roxy is blissful in the springtime grass.


Rhy is, of course, dressed up as a princess EVEN outside. Here she is whining at me to help her put on her slipper.


My little basil/flower garden. There's thyme, tarragon and rosemary in there too.


Happy plants in their rows ... tomatoes, zukes, eggplants, peppers, yellow squash, Brussels sprouts and lettuce.


Just a random, pretty flower in my yard.

5 comments:

C Staude said...

Sure looks like summertime to me!
Nice post.... I hear your garden boy makes a mean poolside sandwich too! Lucky you!

marzi said...

ah, so jealous! i really wish we had a spot for a garden. there's really no good space in our yard for a garden except for smack dab in the middle. the rest of the areas are all to shady and/or just bad locations. maybe someday when we have our dream home! either that or i'll need to sacrifice my flower gardens for some veggies!

Dawn said...

Your dirt is so black and ALIVE looking. All we have around here is thick, grey clay.

If you ever feel like sending your old H.S. chum a present, he'd love a big box full of that there dirt. :D

Dawn

DawnK said...

Good luck with your gardens! They look like they are off to a good start! Did the kids start of any of their seeds inside? Or were you just going to plant them outside. I love watching stuff grow! Poor Rhylah, she looked very distressed about her slipper! They boys sure had fun in the hammock!

DawnK said...

Is that purple flower from a hosta? It's very pretty!