Monday, June 13, 2016

Sprinkler: June

In a lot of ways, I think this will be Gabe's last summer of acting young. I know that sounds dramatic. But, he IS starting high school. His life is about to get a LOT larger and more grown up. (In fact, as I write this, he has just biked up to the high school for his first high school activity ... football practice/weight lifting ... and I'm suddenly feeling very old...) But when he's with his 10-year-old brother and 8-year-old sister, he can sometimes get away with acting younger. Often, I have to just stand around a corner and secretly watch (and photograph) these moments whenever I can ... simply because I know they are numbered. I LOVE it when the three of them play together. It makes my heart happy. On the last half day of school, they played in the sprinkler. All three of them. It was 90 degrees out, so Gabe was happy to join in. And I was happy to snap a photo!



No comments: