Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend





Okay, so Nathan and I have always spoiled each other on mother's/father's day. After you become a parent, you understand why all of this is necessary. Especially while your kids are young. For all the sleepless nights, early mornings, cleaned spills, kissed boo boos ... it's always nice to splurge and make the mother/father feel special on their special day. It's just plain FUN. But Nate went over the top this year, and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to outdo him! :) When I came home late from work last night at about 1:15 a.m. and (dead tired) stumbled into our dark room -- I noticed a curious shape on the wall. A brand new flatscreen television for our bedroom! We've been wanting to do that for a long time, mostly so that we can enjoy SNL on Saturday's and fall asleep when it gets dull instead of sitting on the couch downstairs muttering sleepily to eachother "Why are we still up? We should go to bed!" The other reason is because with baby number three, I've decided watching a little TV quitely while nursing at 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. would be a nice way to pass the time, instead of just sitting in the dark trying not to fall asleep. So this was a pretty groovy mother's day present. And I have it on good authority that the remote "IS MINE." How long do you think that will last ladies? :) As if that wasn't enough, when I awoke this morning, Gabe presented me with a "Map" to find my second present. The map directed me outside, where I found the gorgeous new hammock that I had wanted!! The whole family piled in, and we had fun swinging in the crisp spring afternoon. LOVELY!! I can't wait to sit there like a beached whale all summer with my big baby belly!! (I hope I don't get stuck!) Gabriel also painted a flower pot (complete with flower!) at school for me. This was the best gift of all, and made me puddle up when I realized how lovingly and painstakingly he had worked on the painting on the flower pot. He also made me a homemade card. Sniff!! So, even though it's not mother's day yet ... I've had quite a wonderful mother's Day Weekend! Thanks family!!!

PS: you might notice how nice and green our lawn is in the one photo -- I'm being totally snobby about it and I don't care -- because compared to LAST year ... if you will remember my scary dandelion post of last May, when the little buggers were taking over our yard --- you can see that things have improved MIGHTILY!! And I am deliriously happy about that. In fact, I defy anyone to find a single dandelion in that photo!!! I guess winterizing your lawn actually works! HUZZAH!!

3 comments:

amy7252 said...

If I were better at digitally altering photos, I would superimpose a GIANT fake dandelion on the picture of your lawn and send it to you as a joke. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live in awe of your spotless lawn! :) Now, if you can just get a weatherproof and glare-proof TV to watch from your hammock...

DawnK said...

Wow, what a nice Mother's Day you had!

t.leaf + k said...

I'm REAAAAALLY jealous of your hammock!!!!!!