Friday, May 25, 2007

"Hogzilla"


I can honestly say that this photo made everyone shriek in the newsroom today. I really don't know if this picture can be believed, but according to the AP, an 11-year-old boy shot this PIG 8 times with a pistol while hunting with his father in Alabama. Apparently, it replaces the former big pig, "Hogzilla," who weighed about 800-1,000 pounds. That's a lot of bacon!! What do you guys think? Hoax or not? They say it weighs 1,050 pounds and will produce 700 lbs of sausage. All I know is that is one scary-ass pig. And I can't imagine being in the forest with something that large charging out at me from behind a tree. I mean, if that sucker were standing, he'd be taller than that kid! Just one more weird thing in the strange world that we live in.
Photo courtesy of the AP. Check out the story here.

5 comments:

Colin Roust said...

Small correction...that's not Hogzilla, who weighed in at a mere 800 pounds. This photo is of "Monster Pig."

A scary looking animal, nonetheless.

amy7252 said...

Colin was freaking out about that very picture last night!

And all I could think was, "Wouldn't it be funny if they put an apple in its mouth? I mean, the mouth is already open and ready for it."

I think I just shot my chances of working for PETA...

Colin Roust said...

An apple in the mouth? How about a pumpkin?!?

C Staude said...

Okay, if it weren't for the AP link I would be inclined to say someone had a really good time with their Photoshop! To quote EB White and Charlotte. "that's SOME Pig!"

t.leaf + k said...

Holy cow(/pig)!

The picture looks like it's from an episode of LOST.