Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Gathering is Here!




Yesterday was the first day of the Gathering. I wish I could put into words how thrilling it is to see 30,000 teens flood into the mass event space. The picture of the crowd here, is one that you have to multiply by about 30, to get an idea of the sheer size of the audience. Let's just put it this way .... the mass event floor is half-a-million square feet large, and it's filled with screaming, yelling, energized teenagers. In other words ... it's OVERWHELMING. My brother-in-law, Leon, is one of the three emcee's for the event. Here are some shots of him on stage at the first Mass Event last night. He ROCKED! He did such a great job! We're all really proud of him! Check out the live Gathering website. My team of four writers are reponsible for putting copy on the web all day, as well as meeting a daily publication deadline for "The Peel" which is a Gathering newsletter that goes out to a couple thousand adult leaders. My personal favorite story online right now, is the one on the flying, screaming monkeys, a great item they're selling here at the gift stores. If you look at the story, our photography/visuals team put togther a fun little stop-motion video that shows the monkey flying. And yes, that's Nate in the "video." Check it out here.

2 comments:

Nhia said...

Wow, are you sure you're all right being pregnant and putting in so many hours? You're working harder there than you are here, I bet! Just don't overextend yourself!

Katrina said...

Yeah, no kidding! Crazy huh? Luckily, our hotel is literally RIGHT across the street. So today, I wandered over there and took a three hour nap! Yahoo! It was blissful! I figure it's my vacation, so I should be doing SOMETHING relaxing, right?? :)