Sunday, July 15, 2007

The world's most perfect sandwich

Okay. I don't know if it's because I'm pregnant and always hungry -- or else I'm just lucky -- because today, at lunch, I created the world's most perfect sandwich. It was so good, I told my husband, that I would BLOG about it later. And here I am, blogging about my masterpiece. Ohhhhhh it was good -- the kind of sandwich you dream about!
I'll tell ya how I did it... I toasted some corned beef and pastrami on rye with some swiss cheese on the stovetop ... then completed my creation by adding warm, Bavarian (sweet) sauerkraut, spicy brown mustard, red onions and pickles. YUMMMM!
I ate it so fast, there wasn't time to take a picture to post along with this odd BLOG entry!
Anyway, it appears that my taste buds are in high gear in my third trimester! Yowza!! :)

4 comments:

amy7252 said...

You know, it's true. There are some times in pregnancy when you hit upon the most perfect, amazing, wonderful combination of flavors! I got on a huge yogurt kick right before Elle was born, where every single bite was the best thing I'd ever eaten. Of course, I had my first blue cheese since the pregnancy this evening, and that was pretty darn good, too. Pregnancy and taste enhancement ... who woulda thought?

marzi said...

that definitely sounds like a pregnancy sandwich to me! :)

i'm finally hitting the phase in my pregnancy where i'm actually slowing down on the eating thing. it's kind of nice to not be ravenously hungry all the time! and all the fresh summer time fruit is really hitting the spot lately.

C Staude said...

Yowza is right! My only disappointment is not being able to SEE this masterpiece... but I am guessing it will make an encore performance in your kitchen fairly soon! Sounds DEEEE-licious!

Eric LaRose said...

Isn't that a ruben? It sounds really good. I'll have to try it. And, not to throw in my two cents on the whole eating thing, but when a friend of mine was pregnant years ago, she told me about a creation she came up with and ate constantly - Fritos Scoops and cottage cheese. It sounds totally gross, but you know what? It's actually pretty good.