Sunday, October 07, 2007

Just boys


Well, the boys and I spent our last morning of "just mom and the boys" in a very cool way. I woke up very early this morning ... 5 a.m., with some strange, labor related symptoms that didn't seem to get worse, but wouldn't let me sleep. So I wandered downstairs to make some tea, and (I was GOING to put my feet up and relax) ended up cleaning and baking a loaf of banana bread. At about 6:15 a.m., when it was still dark outside, I heard little sounds on the stairway and found Asher inching on his butt down the stairs, with his "white one" clutched firmly in his grasp. (white one is a blanket made by my mom when he was born - both boys are very attached to their "white ones") Within moments, Mr. Gabe followed him down the stairs, also with his white one, and the two of them made a "nest" on the couch with the big afghan and their blankets. It was a wonderful way to spend the morning, just me and the boys!


(In other, TOTALLY unrelated news, my Mizzou Tigers SMEARED Nebraska last night, 41 to 6! My dad tells me it was the first time since something like 1958 that Nebraska hasn't scored a touchdown in a football game. YAY MIZZOU! They are now 5-0. )

2 comments:

marzi said...

good luck tomorrow! i'll be thinking of you and anxiously checking your blog every minute until the news is posted! (not that i expect you to post about it tomorrow!) :)

if your little lady needs a date anytime soon, i know a handsome little boy who's available! :)

DawnK said...

What a cute picture of the boys with their blankets and how cute how they snuck downstairs to join you! I'm glad you got to spend extra-special time with them today! Banana bread sounds good!

Good luck tomorrow. I hope everything goes well! Soon you will be face-to-face with your new little one!