Friday, February 20, 2009

Second Breakfast

Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop till nightfall.
Pippin: What about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.
(From the movie "Lord of the Rings")


Here is a photo of my kids enjoying "Second Breakfast" this morning. I always feed them first thing in the morning, but don't get around to my own breakfast until after we get home from dropping Gabe off at school. At this point, the two younglings think they're hungry again. Today, I was making waffles for myself, so I just broke down and made some for them too...a hearty Second Breakfast.
A few minutes later I walked into the kitchen to find Miss Rhylah mauling her plate like a bear on a honey pot ... licking off the syrup, and even rubbing her face back and forth in it, grinning the entire time!





7 comments:

DawnK said...

Yum! Waffles! Cute pictures in the morning light! She wanted to get every bit! I usually didn't eat breakfast, until after I'd made the school run, too.

C Staude said...

Sign me up for a waffle!! Add a little strawberries and cream... deeee-lightful!
I love to see people who know how to truly enjoy their food! Go Rhy!

Anonymous said...

How cute!

I've always said to you ... I WISH I had kids who actually enjoy eating instead of thinking it's torture that mommy wants to fill their tummies!

Katrina said...

Nhia, I'll swap you for a few weeks, gladly. My boys, and girl, are ALWAYS hungry! I shudder to think what my grocery bill will be like when they're ... gulp ... teenagers!!!

Cassie said...

That is hilarious! I think it's great that they wanted to share in whatever Mommy's doing! You've got some great kiddos, Katie! :)

Katrina said...

Thanks Cassie! ;)

marzi said...

hey katrina- you can find me on fb: lori dunbar
thanks for asking!