Monday, May 29, 2006

hot dogs and bananas




Look at how pretty my new garden fence is!! Nathan even surprised me by making a fancy gate. While I was busy planting tomatoes, zuchinni, strawberries, lettuce, red cabbage, eggplants, corn, beans, pumpkins, brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower ... (what DIDN'T I plant this year!!) he was busy in the garage making the pretty gate that you see in the photo!! I was very surprised!
Gabe was excited to get our garden in. When I asked him what he wanted to plant, in his own special area, he said "Bananas and hot dogs." Well, why not! :) For a 4-year-old, this would make perfect sense! It was pretty cute!
So we had fun planting seeds together. He would count them out very carefully and then pat a little bit of dirt overtop. His section of the garden includes the pumpkins, corn, beans and strawberry's. We can hardly wait for things to get growing!

3 comments:

marzi said...

what a pretty little garden! i'm jealous!

Nhia said...

Wow! Should we expect veggies from your garden sitting in the office, free for the taking? :)

Katrina said...

I'm guessing that will most likely be the case, once again! We always plant MUCH more than we're able to eat!!! Oh well!!