Saturday, May 20, 2006

I love the smell of fresh cut grass in the morning...

Well folks, my hubby gets the 'Man of the year' award today, that's for sure! Nathan took both boys with him to praise band practice this morning at church. What did this mean for me? Only that I had the most relaxing morning I've had in MONTHS. I slept till 11:30 a.m. That's right! 11:30! I woke up on my own too -- I'm sure you all know that delicious feeling of opening your eyes wrapped in a cozy cocoon of blankets, perfectly caught up on all your sleep -- and when you stretch out, you can feel it all the way to your toes. Ahhhhh! Bliss! Then I quickly burrowed under my blankets to the foot of my bed and laid there, soaking up the breeze coming in through the open window, as the smell of fresh cut grass from next door came wafting through. Now, that's the smell of spring!
On a completely different topic, I must relate a highly unusual thing that happened to me yesterday, while walking down the street from the Press, to Legend Larry's, to pick up my dinner. (They have the best chicken wings in the world...)
Okay ladies, perhaps this won't sound strange, as I'm sure it has happened many times to each of you, but wonder of wonders, I got whistled at by a car full of boys in their late teens. Now, for those of you who are married with kids, perhaps you can relate to my feelings here -- I've spent a large portion of the past six months ... (or more like four years) being a mom, and therefore being covered in bleff, (that's our nice word for baby vomit) spitup, formula etc. or up to my elbows in poopy diapers. So needless to say, it felt quite STRANGE to get whistled at. My husband laughed when I told him that my initial reaction was to check my rear end to see if I had something stuck to it, or check my shoes for toilet paper comets. It simply seemed too weird to get honked and whistled at. I'm hardly a college girl on campus anymore. But to make a long story short -- it was a surreal sort of Friday experience.

1 comment:

C Staude said...

Congrats on the whistles! You deserve em! You look great! Enjoy every one of them... when you hit 51 it doesn't happen anymore...
actually, it doesn't happen much past 40.. unless it's a whistle from someone creepy....