Sunday, June 11, 2006

Bathtubs and hanging out





Well, as you can see from the photo, Gabriel and Ash had their first bath together yesterday! It was one of those nights where my husband and I decided at the last minute to go out to dinner somewhere nice, so I had 30 minutes to get both boys washed, dressed and "shoed" (the most painstaking part of the process due to the fact that Gabriel takes 8 years to find his various footwear and then decide which pair to wear, and THEN put them on himself!!) oh, and I had to get myself ready as well. So both boys got a bath together. Asher wasn't too happy about it, as you can see from his face. I made the mistake of turning the water on while he was in the tub and he FLIPPED out! He's ususally such a happy baby that this was quite an impressive show of anger and just plain ticked-off frowns and yells! Wow! Meanwhile, Gabe had a fun time showing Asher all of his tub toys and introducing him to the joys to be found in splashing mom and the rest of the bathroom, while getting clean!
The other photos show my boys hanging out yesterday. It was a long day, with just the three of us, as my husband was shooting a wedding. (FYI: He's a photographer, not a big game hunter...) Gabe sat with me on our swing in the backyard, and Asher crashed out on the couch surrounded by pillows, in the unlikely event that he decided to roll. I love his position here .... he looks as though he's quite had enough. Check out the hair! It was all sweaty, because he actually fell asleep on top of me first, while I was relaxing on the couch, and got all warm ... and then his hair started sticking up in the front like some sort of crazy flock of seagulls doo from the 80s. Very fun.

1 comment:

C Staude said...

Asher looks like he's not too keen on the bathtub thing! What a face!!!!
I like your new swing!
Mom