Thursday, September 27, 2007

What's in a name?


My good friend Heather is super talented at making jewelry. She came over last week and helped me make this charming bracelet for my baby girl. It even has an extender on it, so that baby girl can keep wearing it through her life. In fact, it fits me. So I plan on wearing it through her delivery and then giving it to her.
For those of you who are curious, yes, her name is indeed spelled out on the bracelet, but I've blurred it out! Sneaky sneaky! But at least I've given you one letter as a clue. Here's another clue -- the name is an obscure literary reference. Ha ha! Feel free to guess, but if you're one of those priveleged few who actually KNOWS the name, please don't "guess" in the comments section and spoil the surprise! (I did tell a few select people because I wanted feedback!) Happy guessing!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I won't guess and wreck the surprise because I think I already know the name. It's a beautiful name and a beautiful bracelet. And since I never see you I'll say now good luck to you and to baby girl ____a. I'm so excited for you!

amy7252 said...

Wow, you're in single digits on the countdown now!! How exciting! Rest up ... you know how newborns love to be up at odd hours. ;)

The bracelet is really beautiful. Let's see, what can I guess? _ _ _ _ a _. Hmmmm ... Jackal? No, wait, that's not very girlie. Punjab? No, probably too ethnic for your taste. (These are jokes, of course!)

Katrina said...

Hmmmm, I like Punjab! Maybe there's still time to change Nate's mind.....
Janet: Thanks for the kind words! I'm gonna miss all you gals at the office! (I won't miss the office, but I'll miss all my gal pals for sure!!)

Colin Roust said...

She-rah?

amy7252 said...

No, no, make it She-Ra, Princess of Power! Then Gabe can be He-Man! And Ash can be ... um ... Man at Arms?

Nhia said...

Ellah -- since you originally wanted "Ella" for Gabe if he was a girl. :) I already know it, you know that!

Unknown said...

Being one of the privledged few... I have to say it's a beautiful name and I can't wait to meet her! I can't believe you only have a week left! :)

Fran Cee said...

Hannah? Jordan?

Katrina said...

Good guesses Francie! But no! :)

Fran Cee said...

Darn. This feels like a really good crossword puzzle. I can't wait to find out the answer! Good luck giving birth!

DawnK said...

Hannah would be my first pick! LOL!

How about Aliyah, or Meaghan?

Fran Cee said...

I got it. SINBAD!!!

No haha. How about Dorian. You know, Dorian Grey.

marzi said...

i have no guesses, but can't wait to find out. the name game is my favorite part!! good luck! hope all goes smoothly!

C Staude said...

So is this like Wheel of Fortune???
Can we buy another vowel???

I have a pool going for extra credit amongst my students...

They've picked... Adrian, Hannah, Kaylah, and several others that have been mentioned (no, not She-Rah!)

What fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina,
I can't resist playing.
How about...
Cayman?
Skylab?
Amytal?
I'm curious, but I don't have a clue. This is the best I could dream up, using a crossword solver website. Don't recognize any as literary references.

C Staude said...

I am betting its Kaylah

Katrina said...

Nope! No correct guesses yet!! :)