Friday, July 08, 2011

On the Farm

Early Summer on the farm is a lovely place to be. We took a wandering walk through Uncle Carl's property in early June and shot some photos of the kids and the flowers.


Sweet Rhy with a bunch of rye. Ironic, yes? :)


I couldn't get over all the wildflowers -- so much yellow and purple, like an explosion of tiny, colorful stars all over the grass.




All my kids picking rye from the vineyard. They were determined to go home, pound it out and make bread. That didn't happen, but it was still fun to watch them.


The very last of the spring asparagus was still shooting through the ground in early June. It's sooooo good to just pick it right out of the ground and crunch into it. So sweet!


A birdhouse my grandfather built that still hangs in my great-grandfather's (now belonging to my great uncle) farm.


So many flowers to pick, so little time!

No comments: