Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fishin' Harrmanns

Here are some photos from when I took my kiddos fishing at North Lake at Grand Mere State Park in late June. We didn't stay long. But I will always remember standing there in the peaceful afternoon and hearing a SPLASH that made me jump. Asher had somehow managed to fall in the lake. For no apparent reason. We usually call him "Chet" when he pulls stunts like that, because my grandpa Chet was something of a klutz. The accident surprised him, but he was otherwise unharmed. Later, Aunt Kathy was visiting my Uncle Carl in the nursing home and told him the story. She asked him to guess which child fell in the lake. He sat there, shook his head and said, right away, "Asher." (he was probably remembering the story of Asher taking an accidental swim in the baptismal font when Rhy was baptized.) So funny!!

1 comment:

Cathy Willman said...

Oh my goodness, that looks like so much fun!