Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Rollin' Over



Well, for those of you who care to note Asher's record of firsts ... "Sooty" (as he is affectionately called at times, courtesy of Auntie Gretchen) rolled over onto his back for the first time last Saturday. I had just placed him on the carpet in the living room for some "tummy time" and "FLOOP!" over he went, onto his back ... five times in a row! I also like to think that he's learning my name. He mimics me when I say "mamamamamamam" now, and uses the sound whenever he's distressed or just wants my attention. (Like if I'm playing with Gabriel and he's getting antsy for my attention) Does he have any clue? Ah....probably not. :) But it's fun to think that he might!
As I sat here writing this, Ash rolled over from his back to his tummy, twice!! That's the first time he's done that! (From back to tummy)
On a separate note, I'll take guesses as to how much sleep I got last night ... this is a personal record! Okay, never mind, I'll just tell you. ONE HOUR. One hour of sleep ladies and gentlemen!! And that was somewhere around 6-7 a.m. YIKES. Gabriel came down with yet another double inner ear infection yesterday and it struck, just as I was getting home from work and crawling into bed around 1 a.m. Then for five hours straight, he was up about every 15 minutes, sobbing and crying. The tough part was, he woudln't tell us what was wrong, so we couldn't tell if he was just being ornery, or if something was really wrong. (He had a REALLY long nap yesterday, so we weren't sure if he had gotten his days and nights mixed up, and he wouldn't tell us if anything hurt.) What an ordeal! But we went to the doctor this morning and got him some meds, so we're all feeling a lot better. Or at least, we WILL feel better, once we get some sleep tonight!!!

5 comments:

marzi said...

hi there! i just found your website through nhias niche. i, too, am from sheboygan and have a 16 month old boy! congrats on the rolling over! all those milestones are so fun! i've enjoyed reading some past posts in your blog and plan to continue reading! if you're interested, i have one at www.paisleywallpaper.blogspot.com

Katrina said...

Great! Thanks marzi! I'll check out your blog. It's always nice to meet another Sheboygan mom!

Nhia said...

How cute of Asher! Norah's doing the same thing, where she's on her tummy and then rolls onto her side. She's yet to go from back to tummy, though. I guess I hold her too much (can't help it!) and should probably let her down to hit the milestones... Go home early tonight and get some sleep!!!

Katrina said...

Yeah, I had no clue that Asher could do the back to tummy thing either. Then I just set him down so I could send an email real quick, and when I turned around, he had flipped! So I've never actually SEEN him do it yet! He does it behind my back! He's always flipping all over his crib though. We wake him up in the morning and his head is at the complete other end of his bed than where he was when we tucked him in!

C Staude said...

That's my "roly-poly" grandbaby!!!! (insert proud smile here)