Thursday, May 18, 2006

Dead duck.

Ahh, it's a sad day in the newsroom. I'm not trying to be maudlin ... but I just found out that my favorite ducks, who often greet me in the Press parking lot (see previous blog entry which equates the arrival of spring with 'ducks in my parking space...') are no more. According to staff reports, feathers and other various duck paraphenalia were found scattered about in glorious disarray outside the front door of the Press yesterday morning. (where the nest is located). Unfortunately, that also means the eggs in the nest will go unhatched. Now that really does make me sad. Because the only thing better than ducks puddling about the parking lot, is of course ... baby ducks -- likewise engaged. The hope is that one of the male ducks survived the attack. (we have yet to apprehend the "attacker" but it is believed to have been a wild animal of the racoon or skunk persuasion) I'll let you know if there's a sighting of the survivor anytime soon.... :)

No comments: