Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Belated Tree-Hunt Photos





We went out to get our Xmas tree a week and a half ago. I forgot to post photos, so here they are! Gabe was overjoyed to be hiking through the woods, looking for the perfect tree. For the first time in awhile, we didn't find our tree right away. We had to hike around a bit, before stumbling across the Balsalm that we picked out. And then of course, Gabriel had to supervise dad's sawing abilities as Nate did the grunt work. But it was beautiful ... and LIGHT! (as you can see in the photo where Nate and Gabe are hoisting the tree above their heads!) Gabe and I had such fun decorating afterwards. He hung most of the ornaments on the lower branches, and I learned (as I've been learning all season!) that I have to set aside my ideas of "what looks right" when it comes to decorating, and instead, enjoy the whims of a 4-year-old interior designer. :) It's quite enjoyable actually!

3 comments:

C Staude said...

Looks like a "tree-mendously good time!"!!!! Very pretty tree!

NBHPhoto said...

Whadda ya mean "LIGHT"!? That monster was a beast! Heaviest tree I've ever lifted... I just made it look easy. :)

Katrina said...

Oh, my apologies. It weighed 500 pounds. Hee hee hee!! :)