Monday, December 04, 2006

Sledding with the boys





Today, after picking Gabe up from school, I decided to get both boys stuffed into their snowsuits and take them sledding. It's been a long time since I've been sledding with Gabriel and (of course) Asher has never been.
It took almost an hour to find the various hats, mittens, scarves, boots etc. that we needed, and get the boys all ready to go. But once we were there, it was such fun!
All three boys and I squeezed onto our new, little tobogan sled. We were at Vollrath Park (bowl) and the hill sort of bumps down three times on the way down. The snow was packed down very hard (I guess there were over 100 sledders there on Saturday) so the first time we went down was rather fast, and intense, with the sled lifting off the ground as it flew over each mini hill in the series. I admit, I was a bit nervous and for a second, I questioned my sanity for having brought Asher along with us ... but all was well and we didn't capsize! At the bottom, Gabe let out a whoop and Asher just sort of sat there in shock. It was funny!
After that, Gabe pretty much went down alone for most of the runs. He was so proud of himself for going down the hill on a sled ALL by himself! The first thing he wanted to do was call daddy and tell him all about it! We topped off the trip by going home and having hot chocolate! What a great afternoon!

3 comments:

NBHPhoto said...

I think we need to mention that Dad took Gabe sledding on Sunday during the dreadful Packers loss... I wish I would have been there for Asher's first time down... Nice pics, Honey!

Katrina said...

I'm sorry honey! We should've brought you along!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sledding! Yeah! We can sled here in Missouri ... well, we can go slushing!

Great pics!

Gret