Tuesday, January 30, 2007

CROCS!!




I have to admit (and I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone..) I'm not a big fan of Crocs. Occassionally, I'll glance at a pair in a store and think to myself, "Those might make nice gardening clogs." But I would never wear them out in public, and I don't quite understand the phenomenon of grown adults wearing solid, plastic shoes that LOOK like solid plastic shoes. It's sort of reminiscent of days gone by (the 80s for instance) when people also wore strange shoes made of wicker, called Huaraches. Remember those? Or jellies? Yet another example of plastic shoes gone wrong. I remember having a pair of jellies as a kid. I was DYING to have them. And they were the most uncomfortable shoes I ever owned -- except for my huaraches.
Anyway, we were in Payless the other day -- surrounded by Crocs, and fearing for our lives -- when out of the corner of my eye, I spied a tiny pair of camo-colored Crocs, size 5. Small. Cute. I was surprised at how cute. I put them on Asher's feet and they became 20 times cuter.
So I have indeed changed my mind about Crocs ... at least for little tykes. I think they're adorable. On adults? Not so much. But on Asher, the little shoes just look so FUN!
Here are some photos of Ash enjoying his new Crocs. He loves them, and even carries them around when he's not wearing them. The photo of him standing on his head, was how I caught him watching Sesame Street this morning ... frozen in that position, watching the TV through his legs. What a goof! The other photo is of him rolling on the ground, playing with his Crocs.

4 comments:

amy7252 said...

I'm totally with you on the Crocs -- they are very, very unattractive shoes. I don't get their popularity, either!

But yes, I was dying for jellies as a kid. My parents were wise enough not to indulge me, so I had to live vicariously through a friend who had them in every color. Oh, how I envied her sparkly jellies!

C Staude said...

Asher could be an ad for Crocs... you should send these to em!
Can't wait to see Asher running around in em this weekend!
Mom

+gmjameson said...

Kate: We are so totally sisters.

Seriously.

I have long protested adults wearing these ridiculous shoes. Why would one voluntarily have (what I call) Charlie Brown feet?

It's really odd. And there is no way they are that comfortable. They appear to weigh 85 pounds, are obviously bad for the environment, and (I can only imagine) cause one's feet to sweat.

Ummm. Yummy. Sweaty plastic footed grownups clomping about looking like Charles Schultz sketches.

Now, that's high fashion!

Katrina said...

Haaa!!! That's too funny!! You're right! However, I was indeed shocked that they weigh as light as a feather!! At least the toddler one's do! It's like they're made of styrofoam or something!!!!!!!