Monday, May 03, 2010

Little Sluggers



Baseball fever has become a raging epidemic at our house.
Even Rhylah has decided to get in on the action.
For two years now ... just as the snow begins to melt (which is usually mid April, in Michigan...) my oldest son, Gabriel, has gotten the itch to play baseball.
This is his second year, and he's quite the talented little player. (And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm his mom.) His first official game is tonight (more photos of that to follow) against the Yankees. He usually plays shortstop or first base.
If current levels of interest are any indication ... Asher and Rhylah will also be starting ball in a few years!


My kids like to play quick games in our tiny backyard ... here, Asher is playing catcher for Rhylah's at-bat.


Slugger-girl.


Gabe, looking so cool! He's not a Cub this year ... this is his jersey from last year. This year, he's a Diamondback.


Rhy is all ready to go. I love her toes in this photo ... not sure why...


Gabe helps Rhylah with her stance. What a great big brother!

2 comments:

C Staude said...

Too cute, when I saw the first shot I thought for just a moment that they were playing army... Rhy's helmet looked like an army helmet at quick glance! Love the big green bat! Fun!

DawnK said...

Cute pictures! I'm sure Rhylah will want to do anything her big brothers do! Hope you all have fun this summer!