Wednesday, June 01, 2011

New Patio

We used our "uncle sam" money this year to put in a new patio. It might just be the best thing we've EVER done to our yard! Previously, we had a cute little garden sitting spot back in the corner, but it was full of crumbling bricks and overgrown vines. So we ripped it out and dug a REALLY big hole in our yard. Two yards of sand and one yard of gravel later, it was time to put in the pavers. Mom and dad were here to help for most of it.


My handsome hubby taking a quick break to smile at the camera. He worked his tail off!


Working, working, working. I lost track of how many wheel barrows of dirt and sand and gravel I carried. It was incredible.




Sitting on my brand new deck!!


Our new Katie Brown copper fire pit.


Eveyone sitting on the deck ... it's chilly, but nice to have somewhere to sit outside, FINALLY!


Nate got an early father's day present this year, a brand new grill!


I moved my wisteria to the back garden, and used the extra bricks from our old patio to do raised beds this year.

No comments: