Thursday, August 18, 2011

Once A Bear, Always A Bear

Gabe had his very first football practice last week. This was a HUGE event, not only because Gabe had been looking forward to it so much, but because poor mom had to finally realize that her boy is old enough to participate in "manly" sports that involve tackling. Ugh.
That was hard for me, until his third practice, when they actually tackled, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I guess my head was full of images from the NFL, but these kids don't carry nearly the "umfph" that those guys do. Gabe came out of that practice practically giddy.
We also got braces this week, so he's had to adjust to wearing a mouthguard around a mouth full of metal. Fun stuff! It's been quite a week for my Gabriel!










Gabe is the one in the bright blue shorts!




This is how sweaty and tired he looked after his very first practice ... quite a difference from baseball! Just a little more intense!


Little brother had to try on all the pads and the helmet of course. This one I have NO trouble picturing on a football field someday! He's a tough little cookie!

No comments: