Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sewing Along

Along with learning to paint this summer, I've also been learning to sew. My awesome mom bought me a brand new machine, and I've been painstakingly working my way through a few patterns, learning the lingo, and most of all, learning from my mistakes. I love it SO much, mostly because it's kinda like putting together a puzzle, but with a more use-able end product! Here are a few of my creations!


A fun, vintage apron I made for myself ... this was my very first project and I made a matching apron for Rhy.


Okay, yeah, this isn't a sewing photo ... this is just a cute photo of my dog. :)


My next big project was a dress for Rhy, which I think came out pretty good. My favorite part was the flower headband.






I think she looks like Alice in Wonderland in this photo. And Lucca is her "Dinah." :)

3 comments:

DawnK said...

Cute apron and dress. You sew well! I had fun making some dresses along the way, for my kids, too!

1st Easter Dresses

2nd Easter Dresses

1st Day of School Outfits

Old-time Dress for trip to old-time schoolhouse. Has been worn a whole bunch of times, by different people!

Now I barely sew at all, although, Emily has been sewing stuff to enter at the fair for 4H.

C Staude said...

AWWWW... I am SO glad you are enjoying the sewing! You are exactly right that it is a lot like building a puzzle.... piece by piece! Here's to many more fun projects for you and your kidlets!

Katrina said...

@Dawn: SUPER cute clothes!
@mom: Thanks! I've already got an order in by Asher, for a play apron! :)