Thursday, August 24, 2006

Paging ... Dr. Luther...

So today I got ambushed by a series of questions from a very serious Gabriel, who decided it was high time that he figure out the meaning of life. So I'm sitting there, innocently eating my peanut butter toast this morning, when Gabe wanders up and starts firing away. "Momma, did Jesus live on the earth back when you were a little girl?" (How old do I look?) "Mamma, what is the Holy Spirit?" (Oh Lord, where is my catechism...better yet ... paging Dr. Luther!!) "Mamma, how long are you in heaven before you get to go home?" (Try explaining the concept of 'forever' to a 4-year-old) "Mama, Is God Jesus and Jesus is God?" (Yes. Amazingly, there were no questions asked. He had no problem accepting this answer.) So we played biblical 20 questions today, and I THINK I did okay. I guess we'll wait and see! Yikes! I think I now know the ultimate stress of being a parent and realizing that your child thinks you know EVERYTHING!

No comments: