Monday, June 25, 2007

Fun in the Door





We spent all day Sunday with my family up in Door County. They rented a beautiful condo for this week, and unfortunately, we didn't have enough vacation time and/or weekend time (since I had to work Saturday, joy!) to spend more than a single day with them. But we managed to pack a lot of Door County favorites into one day.... shopping in Fish Creek, lunch at Wilson's Ice Cream Shop, a few hours at the beach where the water was PERFECT.... a family barbeque for dinner ... and then back to Wilson's for dessert and a relaxing sunset on Eagle Harbor. Then me and the boys reluctantly drove back to Sheboygan to let the rest of the family enjoy their week of solitude and relaxation. Sigh! We wish we could have stayed longer, but we are indeed thankful for the day we had!
In the photos: Nate and I outside of Wilson's .... Gret, Nate and I outside of Wilson's ... Gret and I pose in front of some flowers (our mom used to always make us do this when we lived at home, so we had fun giving her a hard time as we deliberately posed here in a sort of "mock" salute to bygone days! We love ya mom!) :)

5 comments:

C Staude said...

The first time you pose YOUR daughter in front of flowers, I will arise out of the flower bed in "spirit form" and laugh hysterically! haaa hhhaaaaa haaaa!

Katrina said...

Yes, yes, I know, I'll do it too, I'm sure!!! I have no fear on that account! I have to keep the tradition alive, after all!
Hope you guys are having a great week!! :)

DawnK said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! My folks live up in Door County, so we get to visit a lot more often, than if we had to pay for a hotel room!

Katrina said...

Oh, lucky you!! That's awesome! :)

marzi said...

mmmmm......wilson's! my mouth is watering just thinking about it!