Saturday, July 15, 2006

True Love


For those of you without kids, this is a photo of Lightning McQueen.(photo courtesy of Disney/Pixar) I've been seeing a lot of him lately -- more than I'd care to actually!
The other day, I surprised Gabriel by bringing home the Disney/Pixar video game CARS for our Mac. He was THRILLED. His eyes got huge and he immediately ran to play the game on our computer.
The catch?
We soon found out that although Gabriel REALLY REALLY wanted to race, the "races" had to be unlocked by defeating all 10 activity games on the darn thing. (Each activity having 5 levels each, for a total of 50)
Also, the game had four movie clips, each of which had to be "unlocked" by defeating the games, and then winning all of the races, and then going back and beating all your best scores at the various games and races, etc.
Needless to say, this would have taken Gabriel a year.
So I'm guessing that most of you can deduce how I spent Asher & Gabriel's naptime yesterday? Instead of flopping on the couch with my newest summer romance novel, I sat in front of our Mac and spent two hours slowly defeating each and every game so that my 4-year-old could wake up from his nap and race cars and watch the movie clips. Ugh. Double UGH. I can't admit to the fact that it was COMPLETELY without fun, but come on ... after two hours I was ready to bash my head against a wall, and I had cursed at my Mac in record amounts. But in the end, a happy 4-year-old more than made up for the effort.
So what was Nathan doing when I left for work today? Trying to beat all my scores. Because the rest of the movies don't unlock unless you beat them AGAIN. And of course the first thing out of Gabriel's mouth this morning was "Why are some of the movies still locked???"
When I left, Nate only had one more game to beat. Pray for his sanity, folks. Yes indeed ... pray!

1 comment:

Nhia said...

You'll have to tell me how Nathan did! Wouldn't it be funny if he could not beat your scores? :)