Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The "Dress Katrina" challenge

Okay, so I've issued a challenge to my hubby.
Nathan told me the other day that he's taking me out on a date this weekend. We're going to a fashion show in Milwaukee for some folks he knows through work, and he's taking me to dinner beforehand. So since this is a somewhat "swanky" event, I quickly came to the conclusion that most females do in very short order ... I, of course, have nothing to wear.
Not a problem, says Nathan! Go buy something new! Hurrah, says Katrina!
But then I went shopping today -- with both boys. And I quickly discovered that all the joy of shopping goes right out the window when you're trying to keep one child from pretending to be a very loud tiger in the clothes aisle, while preventing the other one from eating his own foot. Joy. I ended up buying something, but I'll be taking it back tomorrow. Once I got home, I realized it was frightful, and that I pretty much only bought it because I felt guilty, like I HAD to buy something after wandering around for over an hour in one store, subjecting the store employees to my noisy brood of boys. What FUN.
So after my pathetic attempts, (which generally leave me frustrated and completely NOT in the mood to shop OR go out on a date...) I offered my husband A CHALLENGE today on the phone.
"Honey, why don't YOU buy something for me? It could be fun!"
"Okay." He surprised me by replying.
So now, the hunt is on. Nate is out trying to find a fun, Katrina outfit, while I sit back and enjoy stress-free remote shopping. Heck, I could get used to this! He's been calling every once in awhile tonight, asking what the different sizes mean ... so be sure to check in during the next few days to find out if his expedition was a success. (I'll even post photos...) I figure he works in fashion photography a good portion of the time, so I stand a pretty good chance of coming out of this experience with great results! Here's hoping!! Good luck honey!

2 comments:

C Staude said...

You sure better post pics of this! I gotta see what the big guy comes up with! Did you have to promise to wear it, no matter what?

amy7252 said...

A) You are brave. Nathan has good taste, but I don't know if I'd trust him to buy your clothing! B) I can completely sympathize with your shopping excursion. Kate and I took Jack with us while looking for a new skirt for her. Jack was an angel, but there is absolutely NOTHING cute out there right now! I don't know about Wisconsin, but in Ann Arbor, you are apparently only supposed to wear black and white at this time of the year. Bleah.