Thursday, February 01, 2007

First Haircut for the little man





It was finally time.
With his hair hanging in his eyes, over his ears and WELL over his collar, Asher was long over due for the barber's chair.
So, at 14 months, he finally got his first "big boy" haircut today. I took him to Cost Cutters here in town, because paying big money at the salon I go to seemed rather pointless, since he hardly has any hair to begin with!
I would be lying if I said this was easy. I also would be lying if I said I didn't grab him onto my lap and stuff my face into the long silky hair at the back of his neck and tear-up a bit before it was his turn. What is it about a first haircut that makes mothers weep??? I have NO idea! Maybe it's the idea of growth and change that bothers us!
He had a little trouble sitting in the chair. But once they distracted him with a toy, he was fine. Then the stylist worked SUPER fast, while Ash twisted and turned -- snapping his head back and forth. I was worried, until .... inevitably, he fell into the glassy-eyed stupor that all men fall into whenever a female runs their hands through their hair.... and he sat quite still, with a dazed look on his face, throughout the remainder of the haircut. Way to go Asher! The photos are of Asher in the chair .... also, a blurry shot of the final results as Asher ran around the salon while Gabe was getting his hair done. He danced to the music playing on the radio, twirling all over the room -- charming all of the stylists, of course! What a goof!

4 comments:

C Staude said...

Oh my goodness.. your entry made me cry... why couldn't you wait one more week.... I am missing his baby curls already!
Mom

C Staude said...

Oh my goodness.. your entry made me cry... why couldn't you wait one more week.... I am missing his baby curls already!
Mom

C Staude said...

Sorry... didn't mean to put it up twice!

DawnK said...

What a cute little man. I teared up reading your post, too. They grow up way too fast! He sounds like he was just adorable, dancing to the music, too. I'm sure everyone fell in love with him.